Sunday, January 11, 2009

Release notes for v1.1

Version 1.1 was published today on the Market. This release includes:
  • Support for more calling cards: now you can send dialable characters after the local access number, after the pin, and after the destination number. However, a # is still unsupported.
  • Improved UI: the new UI makes more use of standard phone features and icons.
  • Help dialogs: need help? Just press Menu+Help and get your questions answered.
  • Troubleshooting: if you are having problems with the app, select Menu+Troubleshoot to find incompatible apps installed on your phone. Calling Card doesn't work well if Voxofon is installed.
  • Improved in-call screen timeout handling: if the phone's screen blanks before the called is completely dialed, the phone can stop sending tones. The Calling Card app keeps the screen on for a period of time that it computes from the length of the dialed number.

1 comment:

Eljotas said...

Thanks for the woderful information. I always visit your blog to get the various offers by VOIP companies. I usally call my family in India. While browsing, I found an interesting site, which lets you make unlimited long distance calls from USA/Canada to India and rest of the world, using your phone. This is not PC to phone call. You don’t have to download anything or need any internet connection. I really mean unlimited. The catch is each hour you can make 10 mins free call to India (or rest of the world) and then come back to get another PIN . I even called my friends in UK and France, voice quality was okay.
Visit http://www.muftphone.com to make free calls. I also filled a short sponsored survey, and I received PIN to make 2 hours of phone calls.
Friends, just wanted to share this information with you. I am not working or have any affiliation with the said waebsite.